Welcome to the Manor!
This is a small network and community, formerly known as libernil.net. The project was established in order to pursue ideals of Free Software, Free Culture, ethically sourced hardware, self hosting, and sharing with others. Generally it consists of personal content, though some community resources reside here as well.
Things are pretty scattered around here as there's always something to work on! The network is spread out across several locations using all sorts of hardware. We have a VPS with Tranquillity in Sweden and a handful of machines (that were acquired by bartering, recycling, or were purchased from an ethical vendor) in the US at locations where we have physical access.
We are still in the process of moving things from the libernil.net domain, so if you can't find something here, have a look over there. You may find some SSL oddities or broken links. If so, please contact cmhobbs.
Thanks for visiting and Happy Hacking!
Please bookmark hobbsc.sdf-us.org/manor_status.html for an hourly heartbeat check. More detailed data can be found on the munin instance.
- Both physical locations for the network have open access points following the example set by openwireless.org.
- We have an air-gapped PIRATEBOX (yarrr matey!) on site.
- We host XMPP at
jabber.libernil.netwith a conference bridge at
- A couple of IRC bots have found their home here.
- We provide minimal shell accounts for a few users. We do not allow any nonfree software to be installed via these accounts.
- Some web hosting is provided for users via
public_htmldirectory. We also host a couple of domains for users.
- A gitolite server is running on the network, though it runs without a web interface. Space is open for projects.
- A MediaGoblin instance is running here, though it is currently just an experiment. It could go down at any time.
- A Minetest server for our users's kids.
- An OpenVPN server
- Game servers: freedoom, bzflag, etc
- A mail server
- Local weather and other environmental monitoring
- A PBX with a couple of DID lines
Sites Hosted Here
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of hardware are you using?
At the moment, there are three major machines:
First is a half disassembled shuttle computer known as "summernight", which has a 1GHz AMD Athlon 64 3400+ and 2GB of RAM. While not very powerful, it dutifully hosts the bulk of our services and provides a little space for our users to work or chat.
Next is a ThinkPenguin Pocket Wee we call "aprilshowers" with a quad core Intel Core i3-5005U processor clocked to 2GHz and 8GB of RAM. This machine is dedicated to hosting a few personal projects from our community. Mostly webstuff but it also serves as a backup for when summernight finally gives up the ghost.
Then we have a VPS with Tranquillity (in Sweden) known as "eremit". We have been allocated a single processor clocked at about 2.2GHz and about 1GB of RAM. This machine is mostly used for game servers.
As far as networking is concerned, we have a Rosewill router sold and rebranded by ThinkPenguin running libreCMC and a Linksys WRT-54RG running OpenWRT.